Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ashley's Quiet Book

Hola! I hope all of your weeks have been going fabulously. I have a great new quiet book to show you today, made by stay-at-home-mom Ashley. It's really cute and has some awesome learning pages - I really like the shapes/color page (I love the matching buttons!) and the counting cupcakes page. I also like the buckle that she put on the cover - such a smart way to make sure everything stays intact! So, enjoy!


Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence.
Ashley - I am a stay-at-home mom to two awesome kids and a happy wife to my husband of almost five years!

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they?
I made the quiet book for my kids, Lola (3 years) and Otto (18mos.). It is geared for Lola, but designed for both once my youngest is ready.

What's your level of sewing experience?
Beginner.

How long did it take you?
It took about a month and a half. I worked many nights each week, for several hours each night. I did everything by hand, so it was slow going ;-)

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found?
No templates, just ideas of others' books I'd seen on the site.

How did you bind your quiet book?
I used a large piece of fleece for the cover of the book. I sewed a small piece of the fleece down the center and put 3 rings to create a binder-type function. My husband added grommets to each page to reinforce the holes.

What material are the pages made out of?
The cover and each of the pages are made from fleece. Each page is decorated with colored felt, ribbons, and buttons.

What other materials did you use?
Heat-n-bond (had less than a yard on hand) and Pellon wonder-under under each piece of felt, cereal boxes and one piece of heavy cardboard for in between the pages, a zipper, a buckle, old baby clothes for the snaps page and overalls.

How much did all the supplies cost you?
I tried to use what I had on hand for each page, so my costs were minimal. I think I spent about $20, with the bulk of it being on the Pellon.

What's your favorite page? Why?
My favorite page is the car/ map page. I love all the details of the places to visit (which are our favorite places too): Coffee shop, church, library, target, park.

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome quiet book with us, Ashley!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

No comments:

Post a Comment