Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Stephanie's Quiet Book

Hi everyone! I'm back from my summer/fall blog break. During the time I was gone lots of people submitted their awesome quiet books, and I'm excited to share them all with you!

Today's quiet book was made by Stephanie for her granddaughter Ellie. It is so cute and features lots of dolls and embroidery. Enjoy!


Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence. 
My name is Stephanie. I am 48 and live in Louisiana.

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they?
I am a first time Nana, with my granddaughter being a very BUSY and inquisitive 16 months. She needed something to occupy her attention during church, thus the Quiet Book. I began scanning Pinterest for ideas and discovered a COMMUNITY of fellow Quiet Book makers, which ultimately led me to your blog, which helped me tremendously with ideas.  
 
Did you use any templates? Where can they be found?

I am a teacher so I attacked this during the summer while I was off. I used my home monogramming machine, the Janome 350 Memory Craft, to help with the embroidered page designs, which I bought from Etsy.

How long did it take you?

I probably spent about 2 hours on each page.  

What material are the pages made out of?

I used soft flannel for the pages and a very stiff "something" that I bought from Walmart in the interfacing section. The very stiff "something" was inserted to each page to make the book sturdy!

How much did all the supplies cost you?
The total materials cost was about $50 but I have enough fabric to make another one.

What's your favorite page? Why? 
My favorite pages are the Raggedy Ann and the Candy Ann Paper Doll. However, my granddaughter's favorite page is the bead page. She loves sliding them back and forth.

I will soon begin her winter holiday quiet book. I have been asked to make these to sell, but some things are simply labors of love...you can't put a price on a Quiet Book!


Thank you so much for submitting your adorable quiet book, Stephanie!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

1 comment: