Monday, September 23, 2013

Kersten's Build a Monster Quiet Book

Good morning everyone, and happy Monday! I hope it's a bright, clear fall morning for you. (I am so excited that it's now officially fall. Fall is my favorite season!) I have a really awesome quiet book page to share with you today.  It was made by Kersten of Little Miss Stitcher, the very same Kersten who made this awesome Dinosaur Quiet Book that I shared with you a while back.

With this quiet book page, kids are able to mix-and-match monster body parts to create their very own, unique monster. One page is dedicated to the pocket where the monster parts are stored, and the other page is where kids can build their new monsters. I really love this idea and Kersten made the pages and the monsters so cute that it's hard to resist! Take a look at this awesome build-a-monster quiet book page. :)


Interview

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they?
I made it for a the kids of a lady my sister babysits for. I'm not exactly sure how old they are!

What's your level of sewing experience?
Um...I'm not an expert but I've had a pretty good amount of experience. I really enjoy sewing :)

How long did it take you?
I think it was only like two naptimes.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found?
All links to patterns/templates/sources of inspiration can be found on my blog, Little Miss Stitcher. :)

How did you bind your quiet book?
These pages are a part of a bigger book than I bound by putting two button holes in the side of each page and then using binder rings to hold all the pages together.

What material are the pages made out of?
I used felt.

What other materials did you use?
A zip lock baggie, small beads, buttons and ric rac.

How much did all the supplies cost you?
Nothing. I just used things I already had.

What's your favorite page? Why?
Well it's just two pages...but I'm going to say that the page where you build the monster is my favorite :)

To see Kersten's Build a Monster page on her own blog, with more details and links to her templates, click here: Build a Monster Quiet Book Page! Thank you so much for sharing your monster page with us, Kersten!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

No comments:

Post a Comment