Monday, September 16, 2013

Myranda's Quiet Book

Hey everyone, I hope you had a great weekend! I have a really bright and cheerful quiet book to share with you this morning. It was made by Myranda of Myranda's Sweet Treats, and I absolutely love the green and white chevron-striped fabric that makes up the background of each page. It's so happy! All of the pages look really fun to play with, too; I know my daughter would love to play with all of these activities. (And isn't her weaving page cute? It's a heart!) Anyway, I'll stop rambling and let you take a look. Enjoy!


Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence.
Myranda. I am a Stay at Home mom who crafts often and is currently in the local business of cake decorating.

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they?
My son Liam; he is almost 1.5 years old.

What's your level of sewing experience?
Intermediate.  I have been sewing for many years, have made a few (simple quilts) and other projects, but I don’t feel ready to take on a more professional quilt.

How long did it take you?
About 15 hours. I used lots of fabric and little felt as it was what I had on hand,  meaning most pages had to be sewn wrong sides together and turned inside out to reduce any possibly fraying in the future, where felt doesn’t fray you can make a book with a lot less steps. I also stopped to take pictures for an upcoming tutorial. I spread it out over 3 days of continuous sewing during nap times and long, late evening.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found?
Yes, I used a few at homemadebyjill.blogspot.com and popsandpodge.com. I also drew a bit of my own and used Microsoft Word for letters and Paint for for any shapes. I will be including some at my blog as soon as the posts are done at http://myrandas-sweet-treats.blogspot.ca/.

How did you bind your quiet book?   
With large eyelets and key rings.

What material are the pages made out of? 
Fabric- a canvas cotton- it’s heavier and a bit more forgiving to years of use, and a few are from regular cotton I had on hand.

What other materials did you use? 
Cottons, fleece, chenille fabric, felt, buttons, zippers, belt buckles, paracord buckles, ribbon, bias tapes, beads, velcro, snaps, elastic, fabric markers, heat n bond, interfacing, batting.

How much did all the supplies cost you? 
Well all of the supplies I already had at hand in my craft room. But if I were to make another one it would be about $30-40.00

What's your favorite page? Why? 
The Puppy Dog and Flying Space Ship Page, I love the overall look and they are my son’s favorite!


To see Myranda's quiet book tutorials, check out these pages on her blog:

Myranda also makes these quiet books to order. If you'd like to purchase one, visit the Facebook page Boy, oh Boy: Boy, oh Boy and check out the post on July 9th (or you can just click here: Boy, oh Boy: Quiet & Busy Books). Here are the instructions on how to order a quiet book: How to Order and Store Policies.

Thank you so much for sharing your quiet book with us, Myranda. It's awesome!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

No comments:

Post a Comment