Monday, March 3, 2014

Sami's "On the Farm" Quiet Book

Good morning everyone! I am SO excited by the quiet books I get to share with you this week. There are three of them (one today, one Wednesday, and one Friday) all made by Australian stay-at-home mom Sami. You can find her blog at Diary of an Overworked Mum's Kid Spot. Sami's quiet books are FANTASTIC. They are seriously so cute and when I read that today's "On The Farm" quiet book was her first sewing project ever, I could hardly believe it.

Okay, so things I love about this quiet book: the purple border on all of the pages. It ties everything together so nicely. And the apple tree - look at those leaves! And the trunk! And the hand-stitching! And the barn, and the finger puppets, and the campfire and the butterflies and the teepee and pretty much every single thing in the whole book. I realized I'm listing every single detail so I'll just close my trap and let you enjoy this awesome book!



Interview
(The answers in this interview also refer to Sami's other two quiet books, which will post this Wednesday and this Friday.)

What is your name? Describe yourself in one sentence. 
My name is Sami. I am currently a stay at home in Brisbane, Australia.

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they? 
I made them for my three children who are 6, 4 and 2.

What is your level of sewing experience? 
Beginner. My "On The Farm" quiet book was my first ever sewing project.

How long did it take you? 
I honestly could not say exactly, maybe about a week or two for each book with about 2-6 hours a day. With them being my first sewing projects and having no one to teach me anything it was made up of a lot of trial and error.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found? 
I used no templates; however, I did use some ideas that I found online.

How did you bind your quiet books? 
I just kind of poked a hole in the pages and stuck binder rings through them.

What material are the pages made out of? 
Felt.

What other materials did you use? 
Just felt and ribbon.

How much did all the supplies cost you?
I don't know exactly but it was definitely in the hundreds.

What's your favorite page? Why? 
I think the ladybug is my favorite. Probably because it was my first zipper and press studs and I felt like they turned up really well.

To view Sami's "On the Farm" quiet book on her own blog, with more detail about each page, click here: On The Farm Quietbook. Thank you for sharing this adorable quiet book (and your two others) with us Sami!

I can't wait to show you all her other two quiet books!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

No comments:

Post a Comment