Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Henrik's Quiet Book

Today's book is the second quiet book I get to show you made by Tiffany of Always Sewin' Somethin! This is a book she made for her friend's son Henrik.

I love how bright and colorful each page of this book is. The cover is fantastic - I love the bright letters that spell out his name, and the fact that they're on snaps you can snap on and off. What a great idea to have even the cover have an activity! And all of the inside pages are great as well. Tiffany's shape page is so smart - in addition to to the shapes themselves, she's sewn little pictures of things that use the shape. For example, next to the triangle is a triangle-shaped tent. Really cute and fun. :)

This is just such a colorful, cute book, and I hope you enjoy it!


Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence.
Tiffany; I'm a stay-at-home mom to twin boys and I love to sew whenever I get some free time.
Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they?
I made this book for Henrik, one of my boys' little friends.  He was about 18 months old at the time. 

What's your level of sewing experience?
Intermediate.

How long did it take you?
About 11 hours, an hour or two a day spread out over two weeks.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found?
The barn page came from Homemade by Jill: Quiet Book Templates
The other pages are just mini versions of some of my other quiet books.

How did you bind your quiet book?
Two metal key rings.

What material are the pages made out of?
Pellon Extra Firm Interfacing.

What other materials did you use?
Felt, snaps, velcro dots, buttons, ribbon, googly eyes, fabric scraps.

How much did all the supplies cost you?
About $8.

What's your favorite page? Why?
I think the Shapes spread is my favorite because it's so colorful and has so many little activities.

To see Henrik's quiet book on Tiffany's blog, with more explanations for each page, click here: Always Sewin' Something: Henrik's Quiet Book. Thank you for sharing this awesome quiet book with us Tiffany!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

2 comments: