Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Agata's Fox Quiet Book

I am so incredibly impressed by the quiet book I get to share with you today. Made by Agata of the blog Agatownik, this book features a little fox who lives in the forest with his friends. As Agata explains, "This is not a typical quiet book. This is a big book where lives a little fox. When designing the book I focused on this to be a fun creative child and his friendship with a fox. The book is to stimulate a child's imagination. Fox has his friends in the forest, which he visits every day. He also has a room has a comfortable bed, a mirror, and clothes."

I love all of the fabrics Agata used and all of the detail she put into every page. This truly is a beautiful book and would be an absolute treasure to the child it's given to.

Agata created her book for the competition "A Child Friendly Toy," organized by the Museum of Toys and Play in Kielce, Poland (the largest and oldest toy museum in Poland). Her book's name for that contest was "Vulpecula and Friends" and it won third place in the eighth annual competition. Congratulations, Agata!



Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence.
I'm Agata; I am a mother, wife, and I love crafts.

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they?
The book was designed for the contest "A Child Friendly Toy," organized by the Museum of Toys and Play in Kielce, Poland.

What's your level of sewing experience?
My adventure with sewing takes about two years.

How long did it take you?
Work on the book took almost a month. This is the period from design, through the selection of fabrics, with the same concept implementation. Of course it was not continuous work. Only done in my spare time.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found?
The book is made according to an original design I made.

How did you bind your quiet book?
The book is quite large, all pages are permanently stitched together.

What material are the pages made out of?
The book is made of different materials. Cotton, felt, fleece, corduroy. It is a mix of fabrics, which usually I use.

How much did all the supplies cost you?
I have no idea how much it could cost.

What's your favorite page?
The most I like fox room is very cozy and has a well more balanced colors.

To see more pictures of Agata's amazing book, check out the post on her own blog: Agatownik: "Vulpecula and Friends."

Agata, thank you so much for sharing your absolutely beautiful book with us!



Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this wonderful book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this book and love the foxy figure lol

    ReplyDelete