Friday, December 11, 2015

Lily's Quiet Book

Today's adorable quiet book is made by the talented Lily from the blog Craft Learn & Play. This is the first quiet book she made, for her nephew. She now makes quiet books that are for sale in her Etsy shop. You can see the quiet books she has for sale here: Vivid Leaf: Quiet Books for Babies and Toddlers.

Please enjoy!


Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence. 
My name is Lily Zunic and I'm a first time mom who loves to create things; toys, games, decorations, accessories, food...well whatever I can think of. 
 
Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they?

I've made this quiet book for my 2 year-old nephew who lives in Croatia. It was my first quiet book ever and had 16 pages in total.
 
What's your level of sewing experience?

Although my grandma taught me to sew when I was a kid, and I had a sewing course many years ago I would say intermediate.

How long did it take you?
It took me almost two months, not sure about hours. My baby girl was 5 months old at that time so I would sew whenever I had a little spare time.
 
Did you use any templates? Where can they be found?

No, I didn't use any templates for that book, though I found many ideas on Pinterest. Whatever I make I like to cut shapes and tell the story on the go. It is part of the process and is much more fun. And not using templates makes my books different one from another. But on the other hand I started making free templates from my quiet books for moms who want to make their own quiet book. They can be found on my blog: Craft Learn and Play: Quiet Book Ideas - Mother Hen with Chicks.

What material are the pages made out of?

Pages are made of cotton fabric in different patterns and colours. Inside every page is batting to make pages thicker and soft to touch.

What other materials did you use?
Besides cotton I’ve used felt, ribbons, velcro, KAM snaps, magnets, nuts and wooden stick (for fishing page), zipper, minky fabric, wooden beads, buttons and even photograph for tractor page.  

What's your favorite page? Why?
Mine favourite page is piggy bank. I’ve made secret pocket, that little project was going on for two days until I manage to sew it properly. But it works perfectly. Every coin you put in piggy bank falls down between pages into wallet. It is great page for practice fine motor skills and zipping. But I love the most soft piggy made of my favourite minky fabric.

To see pictures of Lily's quiet book on her own blog (or to see more of her felt crafts), click here:  Craft Learn & Play: Very Special Boys Themed Quiet Book.

To see the quiet books Lily sells in her Etsy shop, click here: Vivid Leaf: Quiet Books for Babies and Toddlers.

Lily, thank you for sharing your quiet book with us!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

No comments:

Post a Comment