Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Kersten's Little Sister Quiet Book


Hi everyone! You've now seen Kersten's Dinosaur Quiet Book and her Build-a-Monster quiet book page; I am happy to now present to you her "Little Sister Quiet Book!" She made this for her younger sister, and it has so many cute and fun-looking pages. She has a dress-up bow page where you can change the hair bows Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck are wearing; she has a cake and cupcake page with removable details using snaps, buttons, and velcro; she has a temple page, an underwater page, a build-a-castle page, and even a Princess and the Pea page! Everything is so bright and cute. Enjoy!



Interview

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they?
I made it for my little sister, who just turned two.

What's your level of sewing experience?
Um...I'm not an expert but I've had a pretty good amount of experience. I really enjoy sewing :)

How long did it take you?
It took me about a thousand hours over the course of a couple of months. I did a page here and there until I decided I had more than enough pages!

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found?
All links to patterns/templates/sources of inspiration can be found on my blog, Little Miss Stitcher.  :)

How did you bind your quiet book?
I put two button holes on the side of each page and then use binder rings to hold it all together.

What material are the pages made out of?
I used felt.

What other materials did you use?
Ric rac, ribbon, buttons, fabric, DMC floss, beads, sequins...and probably a few other things!

How much did all the supplies cost you?
Between scraps and raiding my Mom's supplies it can't have cost more than ten or so bucks.

What's your favorite page? Why?
That's such a hard question. Probably either the Build a Cake or Cupcakes page!

To see more pictures of Kersten's quiet book, to learn more details about how she made it, and to use her templates, visit her blog posts on her "Little Sister Quiet Book" at Little Miss Stitcher.

Thank you again, Kersten, for sharing another one of your delightful quiet books with us! :D


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

No comments:

Post a Comment