Friday, March 7, 2014

Sami's ABC Quiet Book

Today is the third and final quiet book from Sami of Diary of an Overworked Mum's Kid Spot. This one is an ABC book. It's not the whole thing, more of a "sneak peak." I think she'll eventually post the whole thing on her blog. I really like everything she's done on these pages - the alien finger puppet on the A page, the velcro number blocks, the super cute ladybug with zipper, the mitten with polka-dot ribbon, and the peekaboo alien. Take a look!



Interview
(The answers in this interview also refer to Sami's other two quiet books, one of which posted on Monday and one of which posted on Wednesday.)

What is your name? Describe yourself in one sentence. 
My name is Sami. I am currently a stay at home in Brisbane, Australia.

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they? 
I made them for my three children who are 6, 4 and 2.

What is your level of sewing experience? 
Beginner. My "On The Farm" quiet book was my first ever sewing project.

How long did it take you? 
I honestly could not say exactly, maybe about a week or two for each book with about 2-6 hours a day. With them being my first sewing projects and having no one to teach me anything it was made up of a lot of trial and error.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found? 
I used no templates; however, I did use some ideas that I found online.

How did you bind your quiet books? 
I just kind of poked a hole in the pages and stuck binder rings through them.

What material are the pages made out of? 
Felt.

What other materials did you use? 
Just felt and ribbon.

How much did all the supplies cost you?
I don't know exactly but it was definitely in the hundreds.

What's your favorite page? Why? 
I think the ladybug is my favorite. Probably because it was my first zipper and press studs and I felt like they turned up really well.

To view Sami's "Things That Go" quiet book on her own blog, with more detail about each page, click here: Things That Go Quietbook. To see her "On the Farm" quiet book, click here: On the Farm Quietbook.

Again, thank you for sharing all of your quiet books with us, Sami!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

2 comments: