Friday, October 16, 2015

Gabriela's Quiet Book

Today's awesome book was made by Gabriela for her niece; and has such cute pages (including a creative and adorable Russian stacking dolls page). Enjoy!



Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence. 
Gabriela, mother of two very energetic boys, who works full time and still finds a way to create magic for the kids!

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they? 
I made this quiet book for my one year old niece.

What's your level of sewing experience?
Very beginner….

How long did it take you? 
It took around a month of just planning, researching materials and patterns and a month to put it all together (worked at nights, for around 2 hours a day, when I found the time!)

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found? 
Yes, I did research many templates on pinterest, such as:
http://quietbookblog.blogspot.com.br/2013/06/free-butterfly-quiet-book-template.html
http://www.kits-crafts.com/home/tales-of-a-quiet-book-babushkas-updated
http://charlaanne.typepad.com/charlaanne/2012/03/-doll-tutorial-.html
http://quietbookblog.blogspot.com.br/2014/11/magdas-princess-quiet-book.html
And others I mixed patterns to print and ideas I came up with, adapted pages.

How did you bind your quiet book? 
This is something I’m still not happy with. I cut a piece of felt a little bigger than the pages (the size of two pages) and sewed in the middle. Then I glued each finished page (with hot glue) in this blank new book. But hot glue did not seem to keep it in place, I hope it does…

What material are the pages made out of? 
Felt mostly, and I used some other fabric for the matrioshka (Russian doll) page.

What other materials did you use? 
Craft linen, paillettes, felt.

How much did all the supplies cost you? 
Not sure, I had a lot of things already, and shopped for things as I came up with the pages…

What's your favorite page? Why? 
I have two favorites – the Matrioshka (Russian doll) page, because I’m very proud of the way it turned out, I really didn’t think I could do it… and the pink doll page (with braidable hair), because my niece loved it since she loves ribbons and I think it turned out really cute!

Thank you so much for submitting your awesome book, Gabriela!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

No comments:

Post a Comment