Monday, January 25, 2016

Maria's Princess Quiet Book

Today's quiet book is absolutely fantastic. Made by Maria, a kindergarten teacher, it is princess-themed, and just so detailed and adorable. The front cover looks like a castle, and opens up to another castle scene complete with horse-drawn carriage. As the pages go on children are able to change the weather through a window, practice numbers on a clock, play dress up, hang up laundry on a laundry line, put food together for a picnic, do puzzles, build a cake and decorate it with candles, play with a telephone, and put on a finger puppet show. It is a really remarkable book.


Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence. 
My name is Maria. I'm 22 years old and I am a kindergarten teacher.

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they? 
This book is intended for all children. When I discovered Quiet Books I was excited and I began to make one.

What's your level of sewing experience? 
My level of sewing experience is medium.

How long did it take you?
I have been creating this book since August. I didn't work steady at this but I really don't know how many hours it took to complete!!

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found? 
I didn't use any templates. I looked on Google, YouTube and Pinterest, for inspiration and after that I drew it by myself.

How did you bind your quiet book? 
I sewed the pages between them.

What material are the pages made out of? 
The pages were created by felt mostly, but I used some other fabrics.

How much did all the supplies cost you? 
The total materials cost was about 35 euros.

What's your favorite page? Why?
It's difficult to choose, I love each page!!!

Maria's craft Facebook page can be found here: My Quiet Book

Thank you, Maria, for sharing your amazing quiet book with us!

 
Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog and so informative thank you for sharing us.

    ReplyDelete